Top Agent Realty – Staging Your Home Checklist
- Remove all clutter from the house.
- Are counter tops free and clear?
- Have you removed unnecessary furniture throughout the house?
- Remove the art gallery/coupon collection from the refrigerator.
- Check the bathrooms: Are surfaces clean and clear?
- Are shower curtains/ doors hung properly?
- Is the flooring clean and fresh?
- Are towels neatly hung?
- Check the walls. Is paint and wallpaper fresh and clean?
- Are the walls free from holes?
- Are there any colors or objects on the walls that need to be removed?
- Check the floors. Is the carpet clean and free from stains?
- Are hard surface floors clean and free from stains?
- Check windows and window coverings. Are all the windows sparkling clean?
- Are draperies and blinds clean and fresh?
- Pet check. Are there signs that this is a pet’s home?
- Be sure to clean and remove kitty litter, pet toys and bedding.
- How’s the aroma? Try to air out the home prior to showings. If air freshener is necessary, use well before showings as a consideration to those with allergies. Avoid any chemical plug-in type scents or perfume. Use natural citrus, vanilla, or essential oils to enhance and not distract. Read more in this article Scents sell.
- Set the mood prior to showings. Open draperies and blinds. Turn on the radio to a classical music station, set volume on low.
- If you have time, cook a batch of cookies (or bread) to have the warm, welcoming aroma permeating the home. How about some freshly brewed vanilla bean coffee?
For a room by room analysis, before listing your home, let us suggest improvements that can make the most out of your sale!
We have an experienced Staging Consultant on staff. One hour staging included with all listings if desired. Also available for hire separate from selling a home.
Just ask Carin at Top Agent Realty Group